Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Landed safely in Nadi




Sent from my iPadBula folks! Today is the first blog entry :) Our journey started today
when we all met at Parker at 5 pm. I was excited and kind of nervous,
but I thought nothing could go wrong with how prepared I was. Well,
sure enough when I first arrived and coach Phillips asked me, "one
question, do you have your passport" I realized that I had forgotten
just that. Probably the single most important item on this trip and I
had left it at home. Not to panic though, we were able to work out a
meeting location with my mom and the driver at the Westfield mall in
north county--so I just want to say now sorry for the inconvenience to
the group. Anyways, long story short, through the anxiety and all, I
was able to get my passport and am finally off to Fiji (hopefully)
prepared.

We made it to LAX approximately around 8 pm. Then, we went through the
usual steps of flight travel: baggage check, security, and etc. JT,
our group leader for the day, did a wonderful job seamlessly guiding
the group to the gate. When we arrived at our gate we sat around in a
circle and went over rules and safety. During this time, I had a
chance to ask some people what they're most excited and fearful about.
Jula Harrington 18' says "I'm most excited to meet our host families."
When asking Nick Miller 18' what he's most afraid of he simply goes:
"the food."

After our group meeting we were able to go out into the airport and
get some dinner. Luckily, everyone made it back to the gate by 10:20
(JT's decided meet up time) and we started to board the plane at
10:45.

Now, even with my passport mayhem, I'm still having great time with
all my friends and I can't wait to see what awaits us in the journey
ahead.

--


Francis Parker School | San Diego, CA
www.francisparker.org | @francisparkersc | facebook.com/francisparkerschool

*As Far As The Mind Can See*

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear especially for all of us going through "connectivity" withdrawals. It's not just the younger generation!! Safe enjoyable travels.

    ReplyDelete