Saturday, June 24, 2017

Suva

Whattup parents from Suva, my favorite city in Fiji!


I have been looking forward to today since the beginning of the trip because we got to see an international rugby match. It was super exciting to watch the Fijian national team play against Scotland. It was very similar to being at an American sporting event; every time the Fijians scored the crowd cheered and screamed. The public buses leaving the game were basically party buses, filled with excited fans dancing to the music from the radio. After the game we went to the mall where we found food and explored the nearby port with massive fish heads for sale.

I thoroughly enjoyed today because we got to see life in the biggest city in Fiji. The rugby game was thrilling and made me wonder why it isn't more popular in the US.

We only have 3 more days left in Fiji, and as much as I can't wait to return home, I will definitely miss the island of Viti Levu and the amazing people we have met while here.

Looking forward to our last few days of rest and relaxation!

-JT

No comments:

Post a Comment